Women Directors Programme
BUILDING BOARD-READY WOMEN
This unique program aims to encourage and prepare more talented women executives for board service, and laying the ground work for future placements on pulic and private company boards of directors.
The content of this Programme is designed with the woman director in mind – harnessing her natural female talents, identifying gender barriers and setting the expectations for board work.
Admission to the programme is limited to individuals with specific or board experience. All applications will be subject to review and approval from the Admission Committee.
Who Should Attend
- New and aspiring board directors who have been working in a leadership role for 5 years or more.
- Current woman board director who want to improve or refresh her skills and knowledge on the expectations of a board director today.
- Broaden your understanding of how boards work
- Improving financial savviness for directors
- Strengthening board communication and presence
- Hone your skills in crafting and delivering your unique value for a board seat
- Building the networks and visibility for board opportunities
- The Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members
- Understanding Corporate Governance and Why it matters?
- Strengthening Your Financial Acumen
- Understanding Board Dynamics & Why It Matters
- Board Leadership Presence
- The Board Simulation Exercise – Opportunity to participate in “The Board Meeting” where a business case is presented to board members for deliberation and decision.
- Board Coaching Session Over Power Lunch
- The board opportunity – Guidance on Board Profile development, tips on Interview and the board recruitment process
Anne Abraham was a corporate leader from the technology industry for more than 20 years before she founded LeadWomen Sdn Bhd, an MSC status consultancy company in 2011. Recognised as a thought leader in diversity and inclusion, both locally and regionally, a frequent speaker, facilitator and moderator in leadership events. She is the co-founder of the Malaysian Chapter of the 30% Club, a global business campaign lobbying for increased women representation on the boards, a board director on 2 Malaysian PLCs and a strong advocate for gender balanced leadership.
DATIN NANCY SY SIM
Human Resources Consultant and Coach
Devanesan is a qualified accountant (FCCA) who is also a Chartered Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants. He also holds a law degree (LLB Hons) from the University of London. He is a fellow member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia (FIIA) where he currently serves as a Governor of the Board.
He is also the past- President of the ACCA Advisory Committee, the past-President of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia and a past-Council Member of the Malaysia Institute of Accountants.
Devanesan retired from Bursa Malaysia in 2010 after serving Bursa Malaysia for eighteen years. He started his career at Bursa Malaysia as Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management. He was also, at one time, the Chief Regulatory Officer and later, the Chief Market Operations Officer of Bursa Malaysia.
Subsequent to his retirement from Bursa Malaysia in 2010, he spent 1.5 years at Ernst & Young as a Director at their Advisory Services.
Currently, Devanesan is a trainer/facilitator in the areas of corporate governance, risks, controls, Listing Requirements, boardroom performance, ethics and other governance and capital market subjects.
He is also the trainer for one of the modules of the MAP (Mandatory Accreditation Programme), the 1.5 day training that every director of a Listed Company must attend. He is also a regular trainer for the SIDC (Securities Industry Development Corporation), the training arm of the Securities Commission, especially for the SIDC’s CMDP (Capital Market Development Programme) which every director of a capital market intermediary must attend.
Devanesan started his career in 1979 at the public accounting firm, Hanafiah Raslan & Mohamad, where he was an external auditor for six years. He has both external and internal audit experience.
PUN TIAN POUW (more known as "TP")
Founder/Principal, TPPun Advisory
Previously Principal, Korn Ferry
In his 30 years of working experiences, TP held leadership roles in Korn Ferry, Andersen Consulting (now renamed Accenture), Hong Leong Group and Hewitt Associates (now renamed Aon Hewitt).
His experiences span across board placements and executive searches, board advisory, leadership assessments, executive life coaching, career development coach, regional consulting and corporate HR in integrated talent management, change management, and organization transformation. TP has spent more than 9 years living and working on consulting projects in 8 countries. He is humbled to have played different roles, be it as a mentor or a coach, in the career journey of many.
TP ‘s current contribution also includes:
- Chairperson of the Group Nomination and Remuneration (GNRC) Board Committee for a leading private education group
- Presenter/ Faculty member of board directorship-related programs
- External adviser/SME for an alumni association for board directors of financial institutions
- Member of the Industry Advisory Board, School of Business, Monash University, Malaysia
- Working committee member for 30% Club Malaysia, focussing on sustaining women board talent pipeline
- Member of the Women in Business subcommittee, Malaysia Australia Business Council (MBAC)
- Mentor in several mentoring and leadership development program for young professionals and management
TP has been an active volunteer with the Befrienders (providing emotional support to those in despair and distressed) for the past 15 years. He was a board member, and took a year off to be the Executive Director for the Befrienders KL.
HRDF APPROVED PROGRAMME
16 to 18 April, 2019
9 am to 5 pm
Connexion @Bangsar South
Please email or call us if you would like more info: