An International Collaborative Programme
delivered in partnership with:
GLOBAL WOMEN ON BOARDS (GWOB)
The Global Women on Boards programme will provide participants the opportunity to appreciate the differences in overall board governance, leadership and dynamics spanning across borders. Designed to help women understand the skills required of board directors, gain insights needed to effectively participate on progressive boards and support their search for a seat on a board, the 8-month programme is a modular journey, taking participants through the essentials of Global Boardroom Trends, Corporate Governance, Risk & Finance, Board Dynamics, Board Leadership Presence and Board Profiling. The journey culminates with a Board Simulation, which allows the delegates to apply the knowledge and learning gained in a safe space. Throughout the programme the participants will be guided and supported by international mentors with board experience
A six month modular programme, the GWOB will be hosted across East Africa and Malaysia to provide participants the opportunity to appreciate the differences in overall board governance, leadership and dynamics in boardrooms spanning borders.
Purpose of the Programme:
- Provide a global outlook and exposure to new markets.
- Open regional or international board opportunities for women.
- Surface the unconscious bias on diversity and merit at board levels.
- Extend the network circles.
- Tap into a global board mentoring platform.
How Does It Works ?
- Women delegates are invited to the programme based on their interest to serve on boards and their readiness in terms of qualification and experience.
- They will go through two intensive modules designed to give them the knowledge and exposure to global governance, leadership and dynamics.
- During the programme, they will be matched and mentored by both male and female directors across borders*.
- Networking opportunities are organised for them to connect with key stakeholders – regulators, investors and board directors.