Women Directors Programme
ENHANCING BOARD LEADERSHIP
The global business environment is constantly evolving which means that board directors today must continuously find ways to elevate their performance to enable them to contribute meaningfully to boardroom deliberations.
Asking the right questions is one of the key qualities a director needs to demonstrate doing a good job. In this module, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to ask all the necessary questions to management on strategies or financial statements approval.
Through the use of real case studies, you will take away a list of topics and questions that will allow you to make better strategy and financial decisions, and understanding and managing stakeholder relations.
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, and Heads of functional units
- New and current Women Board Directors who want to improve or refresh their skills and knowledge on the expectations of Boards today.
Skills and strategies for effective decision-making and participation
- Develop a strategic and financial leadership mindset that will guide you in:
- asking the right questions: strategic thinking
- gaining knowledge on corporate governance in finance, financial health of the company and shareholder value
Strengthening Communication with Directors, CEO/Management
- managing conflict and difficult conversations
Building the networks and visibility for board opportunities
- Connect with board recruiters and board communities
- Opportunity for interactions with current and new board members, faculty and leading practitioners
Improving Financial Savviness
- Update on regulatory changes & requirements
- Roles of the Board, Audit Committee, Management & Auditors on financial reporting
- Quarterly announcement & annual financial statements – key differences
- How to read, analyze & interpret financial statements
- Pertinent questions posed by Audit Committee & Board to Management
- Identify red flags – case studies
- Key challenges & pitfalls on financial reporting
- Case studies on what went wrong & what could have been done
- Critical success factors on timely & accurate financial reporting
- Establishing system of risk management & internal control
- Engaging the Internal Auditors – scope of coverage, standards used & follow-up
- Engaging the External Auditors – the Management Letter & Summary of Unadjusted Misstatements
Boardroom Execution Strategies
- Develop and sharpen participants’ strategic thinking skills
- Identify strategic opportunities and unlock risk management capabilities
- Apply valuable insight to maximise investment potential and profitability
- Examine investment complexities to avoid strategic mistakes
- Practical Workshop Session to deepen strategic investment knowledge
BOEY TAK KONG
CA(M), FCCA, ACIS, MMIM and MIMM
Managing Director, Speaker and Board Member
He is the Managing Director of Terus Mesra Sdn Bhd, a governance and leadership development training company and an approved professional trainer since 2007 with Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad(“HRDF”). He has over 23 years of broad senior management experience in internal audit, financial management, general management, corporate affairs and regional business development with 5 major listed groups with listings in Malaysia, United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
His industry knowledge covers financial services, industrial equipment assembly and distribution, general insurance, textile manufacturing, property development, infrastructure project management and integrated timber processing and marketing business.
Presently, he holds directorship in Dutch Lady Milk Industries Bhd, Green Packet Berhad, Gadang Holdings Bhd, Censof Holdings Bhd and Ho Hup Construction Company Bhd.
In the last 19 years, he had conducted and participated in seminars and conferences organized by:
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators
- Malaysian Investor Relations Association Berhad
- Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia
- Minority Shareholder Watchdog Group
- Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance
- ACCA Malaysia
LEE MIN ON
Consultant, Speaker and Board Director
Lee Min On is a retired Partner of KPMG Malaysia after serving 36 years (20 years in Audit & 16 years in Advisory) with the Firm. He headed the Firm’s Risk Consulting division and Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Services unit
He speaks regularly at public seminars and in- house training on Sustainability, Corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management (including Fraud Risk Management), Internal Controls & Internal Audit – how to embed the practical applications in organizations
He is an Audit Committee Member of Institute of Internal Auditors, Malaysia, Chartered Accountant of Malaysia Institute of Accountant, Certified Public Accountant of Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
A Director of Coalition for Business Integrity Bhd, a not-for-profit organization that advocates, and trains boardroom players and Management, on how to embrace & embed good governance & integrity in the market place, Min On is currently serving 4 Malaysian public-listed boards as independent non-executive board director.
16 – 17 April, 2018
9 am to 5 pm
Connexion @Bangsar South
RM2,450 (Non Members)
Please email or call us if you would like more info: